Rolling Road Information
Given that most people visiting us travel from all over the country please take the time read through the points below to ensure that the session goes as smoothly as possible and yields the best results possible.
- Ensure that the vehicle is in good condition and is road worthy! Consider giving the vehicle a comprehensive service before attending.
- Check that there are no oil or coolant leaks.
- Make sure that spark plugs and HT leads are in good condition (especially if the car has been running poorly prior to the session)
- Tyres need to in good condition, at correct pressure and be suitable for road use (the rollers are very hard on tyres, and slicks will overheat and slip).
- Tracking should be correct for the vehicle (extreme camber and toe will cause movement of the car and additional drag affecting the results and should be avoided).
- Remember that the tyres 'drop' into the rollers and that excessively low cars or those will low splitters may bottom out (please raise the ride height if you think this may be an issue)
- Your car must have enough fuel to complete the session. Our mapping sessions usually last for at least a couple of hours and will be consuming fuel throughout this time. The nearest Shell garage selling V Power is a 15 mile round trip so it is well worth bringing an additional jerry can if required.
- Fill your car with the grade of fuel that you will use for the majority of time, ie 95, 97 or 99 RON.
- Please avoid leaded fuel or additives as these are incompatible with the wideband lambda sensor we use for mapping.